• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I won! I won!......uh-oh

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: What did yu win?

I have a 6.2 Suburban and a 6.2 M1009 (after the GA rally). Canned motors are always good for something. As it looks now, I'm going to strip the 6.5 turbo out of my 94 Chev crew cab and sell off the remains so I'm shopping for a cheap 6.2 can. Never know, the 6.5 could find its way into one of them. That was the only dang 6.2 at Jax. I need to stay close to home when buying these things.

5_TON_TOMATOE

Yes, thats why I only look at Ft. lewis- 10 mins from home, although I may be dead before the stuff I really want comes around. Kenny, are the cabs the same from deuce to 5 ton? Figured you would know- Thanks

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Yes they are. You use different holes in the floor for the pedals but they are pre punched by the factory

BobM

Update: There I was all forlorn waiting impatiently by my 'puter when here comes an email from GL. "Below please find a link to your Paid-In-Full Invoice."
ROADTRIP is ON! :D

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial

The 6.2's were getting depot rebuild until the UAH power issue became a real sticking point to Army Material Command. In early 2006 the brakes were applied to rebuilding them and all efforts were turned to the turbo charged version of the 6.5l engine. That is great that you got some of the rebuilt and never called for engines. That is a wonderful catch.

Kenny now that you showed it to us you have to post progress posts as well.

That M1008 looks pretty good let's hear about that one too.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Finally got my paid invoice. Guess I'll head up Tuesday to pick up my $58.85 6.2 in a can.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks