• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I would like help moving a M923 off of base in Des Moines.

dragonman

I have a M923 in Des Moines, Iowa.
I was going to pick it up Monday, they just called said it will not start.
Does any one in the area have a trailer I can borrow to tow it to Mason City, Ia? Or can you tow it off base to your location to change starter?
It says it was driven onto lot.

Last edited by a moderator:

91W350

Batteries, Protective Control Box (PCB), cables... Frequently they will start by screwing the solenoid over ride in and using a screwdriver to jump the posts. Make sure somebody has not pulled the emergency fuel shutdown. It is easy to find by following the cable. The lever pulls to the rear with the cable, but has to be reset manually forward. Emergency shutdown will not stop the starter from running, but it will stop the engine from starting while somebody grinds the batteries dead. These starters very seldom fail, they are tough. We have only sold a couple of starters for the 250s. Glen

dragonman

Thank you. I was wondering about the pcb also. He didnt tell me if he heard a click or not he just said starter would not engage, he had it slaved.
What is the solenoid over ride?

91W350

On the injection pump there is a shut down solenoid. It has a threaded lock that will hold the valve in the open position so the truck can run without voltage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks