• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ibis Tek light control Box

JPMcCormick1

I have one of the Ibis Tek light control boxes with all the proper wiring and all the lights that go with it however when connected the most I can get the control box to do is move the remote control light but no lights. There are two sets of wiring that go to the power source. One comes out of the center of the control box that plugs into all the different lights and also the power. When that is hooked up the remote control lights will move but no lights. I figured that the power plug on the right is what controls the actual lights and needs to go to power however when I plug it into power nothing happens other than a click on the box. I plugged pin 1 to the positive power source and pin 2 to negative.

I was wondering if someone knew how this plug on the right hand side is suppose to be wired to provide power to the box so I can get the actual lights to work. I am attaching several pictures for reference. If someone had an instruction manual for this box that would be even better. Just as a side note when I applied positive power to pin 2 and negative to pin 1 I got a big spark and fried one of my control boxes. So revering the pins did not solve the problem.

Attachments

BJL21

I have one of the Ibis Tek light control boxes with all the proper wiring and all the lights that go with it however when connected the most I can get the control box to do is move the remote control light but no lights. There are two sets of wiring that go to the power source. One comes out of the center of the control box that plugs into all the different lights and also the power. When that is hooked up the remote control lights will move but no lights. I figured that the power plug on the right is what controls the actual lights and needs to go to power however when I plug it into power nothing happens other than a click on the box. I plugged pin 1 to the positive power source and pin 2 to negative.

I was wondering if someone knew how this plug on the right hand side is suppose to be wired to provide power to the box so I can get the actual lights to work. I am attaching several pictures for reference. If someone had an instruction manual for this box that would be even better. Just as a side note when I applied positive power to pin 2 and negative to pin 1 I got a big spark and fried one of my control boxes. So revering the pins did not solve the problem.
Did you figure it out? I have the same box and was wondering if power is 1 and neg 2.

Do you have it wired for 24v when connecting to your batteries?

JPMcCormick1

Did you figure it out? I have the same box and was wondering if power is 1 and neg 2.

Do you have it wired for 24v when connecting to your batteries?
Yes I did figure it out. Turns out those are not power inputs at all but are reserved for some accessories. Was able to get my hands on the instructions for the whole light set up and it made it much easier to understand how it works. The power comes through the main large plug. I ended up getting the proper harness that plugs into that large plug which includes the red and black power lead. Now all the lights work fine. I am connected to 24v.

JPMcCormick1

Could you post those instructions here as a pdf?
There are over 100 pages on the instructions. A lot of them are regarding the bracket mounts and so forth. So I am only including the ones that show most of the electrical connections. The file was too large to upload as one so I had to create two.

One thing I should mention, when I first hooked this up, I bypassed the Buss Bar and connected directly to the battery and nothing worked. Once I connected to the Buss Bar then from the Buss Bar to the battery everything worked. You will see what I am referring to on page 19. Hope it helps.

Attachments

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks