• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Icy roads this weekend!

Gunner0311

Had the M52A2 out this weekend on the icy roads(we got about a foot of snow
Friday night).

I have to say that it is a little exciting to get a 18,000 pound truck skidding at a
45 degree angle on a road with deep ditches along both sides! It does indeed
have a "pucker factor" involved when driving the truck.

I slid on the ice and skidded fifty feet past my sons driveway.....:doh:

The truck is fantastic in the snow and mud, but this is a reminder to everyone that
the NDCC tires do not do well on "slick/smooth surfaces".fat lady sings

A

A/C Cages

Sounds like you wont be using a toilet anytime soon after that pucker factor event..
Be careful and drive safe.
San you say tirechains?

A

A/C Cages

Figures, Michagan is another backwards state. Would rather have accidents and people killed then repairing a pothole the next year.

Gunner0311

Wierd people?

Hard to tell who is weird these days. They see my trucks and say something like:
"What are you going to do with that?"

And I normally respond: "Drive it!"

Then they see my mud racer truck with 700+ hp 514 cubic inch Ford Big Block and
53 inch tall tractor tires; and they don't seem to think my 5-Ton is all that strange
after all.:cookoo:

Psywarrior

Yep 11 axels and 160,000 pounds are legal but chains are not , you got to love government.
11 axles is 42 tires. (10X4 +1X2 tires) Each tire has an 11"X12" footprint. 42X11X12=5544 inches square of surface contact. 160,000/5544=28.86 PSI.

My 1986 Cadillac. 4200 pounds. 4 tires with 7"X4" footprint. 112 square inches of footprint. 37.5 PSI footprint. The caddy does more to the roads than the super heavy semi. Many smaller cars are actually worse with the iddy bitty tiny tires.

Also, Michicrap roads are disgustingly messed up. They are extremely rough and bounce you all over the place. I hate going up there. It is beautiful country, but the roads just suck. Then again, MS and LA are just as bad and sometimes worse.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks