• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ID on turret hatch

Augdog1964

Hey guys,

My expertise is traced armor... so I'm learning here...

What type of hatch is this? It was sold to me with an HMMWV slantback kit... but online searches don't see to bring this type of for HMMWV installations.

Thanks in advance...IMG_5342_2.jpg

Last edited:

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's for a oshkosh with a crows weapon system not a hmmwv.
So, it seems the OP wants a turret.

What is the value of what he has and what is the cost of what he wants?

Maybe a site vendor can swap him for what he wants/needs?

86humv

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have M1151 and M1114 turrets available mechanical, and electric...no trades, ...unless Mil radio's, ...MSG type GMV parts....or $

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey guys,

My expertise is traced armor... so I'm learning here...

What type of hatch is this? It was sold to me with an HMMWV slantback kit... but online searches don't see to bring this type of for HMMWV installations.

Thanks in advance...View attachment 795491
while not hmmwv, a lot of it can be used on a hmmwv, I would have take it apart and compare the bearing too an m1151, slam hatch mechanism looks to be same as m1151. I would need to compare the weapons tray also.

Postman515

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ive had the those trays and hatches. There stupid heavy. Made for a armored Matv. Slam latch is quite a bit bigger. Bearing holes do line up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks