• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ID the accessories on this HMMWV?

TedG

That is a SF humvee A2, and the rolls are camo netting that deploy around the truck. They also should break away while deployed for a fast get away. If you ever find these, let me know.

17 Legion

That looks like an early deployment picture. IR driving light? No up-armour, not even home made? No turret armour, not even a chicken shield. Real flimsy front angle iron grill guard. Used to be one had to cover the glass when stopped to cut down on reflecting. But that practice didn't last long. Desert Storm camo on troops. Something look funny in that picture.
It would be cool to have one!

Last edited:

3cavtanker

Not Desert Storm. That would be from around 2003-2004. DS used the 6-color desert "Chocolate Chip" camp, OIF used the 3-color DCU you see there. And while i was there in '03-'04 and '05-'06, the SF guys acted as if they didn't need armor because they are just that badass. At least until they call tanks to pull their butts out of a sticky situation.:grin:

Not Desert Storm. That would be from around 2003-2004. DS used the 6-color desert "Chocolate Chip" camp, OIF used the 3-color DCU you see there. And while i was there in '03-'04 and '05-'06, the SF guys acted as if they didn't need armor because they are just that badass. At least until they call tanks to pull their butts out of a sticky situation.:grin:
Looks like we might have tagged hands switching deployments, I was 01-02 Kuwait, then 04-05 Iraq, 1CD, Oh forgot 90-91 2AD, ya everyone always needs a M1 to kick everyones ass

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks