• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ID this paint scheme please

edpdx

I was at Ft. Lewis in Washington a couple of days ago picking up some auction lots. I passed some motor pools and vehicle bone yards that made me drool all over my interior's upholstery. Big fun!

I noticed that many of the M1009s I saw had a paint job similar to this one, which I did a quick paint-over of. I know, I know... not pretty; but you get the idea. Sorry about missing the CARC 383 Brown by a mile. I actually am color blind :-(ftl.jpgAnyone know the story on this paint scheme?

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, that's the A-Team camouflage pattern. Black with a bright red stripe.

Is reality, that's not military at all. Probably came from a police department or fire department that used the same paint job on all their trucks.

ReubenJames

This is what our Sheriff's Dept painted their former EOD vehicle It is Ford Tractor blue. Needless to say I will be returning it to a more militarily correct color scheme as soon as I can.

side.jpg