• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ID this winch, please

USMC4302

Sorry if this is wrong forum for this ...

Can anyone ID this winch and if it is an MV winch? Maybe a Dodge Power Wagon??

Thanks!winch-2.jpgwinch-1.jpg

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dodge would have been Braden MU-2. Yours is a Tulsa. What size is the cable? It's a little difficult determining the size from the pics, all the Tulsas look alike, they just get bigger and bigger.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just looks like a old Tulsa winch to me. I don't recall ever seeing a MV with one like that. Probably a civilian model.

It's hard to judge size by the pic but I'd say maybe 8,000lb.

USMC4302

Thanks for the replies. I googled the casting numbers and apparently it's an 800-series winch, model 636 -- which puts it in the 20,000-lb range. Or so I could figure out. I was just trying to determine if it's worth rescuing.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Any old usable winch is worth saving if the price is right. Could fit and be powered by just about anything with a little fab work.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
That LOOKS like the winch that is on PBs WC, I was just looking at it today, even has the shifter knob the same

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks