• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ideal Tire setup on M35a2

3dAngus

They are runflats. Rated for carrying 70,000 pound vehicles for 30 miles at 30mph.

You drive to the truck stop. Just loading and unloading a spare is impossible unless you have commercially available tools for lifting.

I'm like you in that respect. I would never stop and change a tire like this on the side of a road. I'm driving it in, and if I destroy a tire, I'll buy another one to replace it with. Sounds like the 11X20s are a great choice for you. I absolutely love them. I was selling the 90% Michelins mounted on wheels for $125 at the Ga. Rally and no one was buying. Prices come and go and should be good right now, based on what I just saw.
Good luck on the purchase and changeout, and please send before and after pictures when done.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The best deuce tires are Firestone 831's in 11x20 IMHO-period. Goodyear G177's are a semi-close second!!!!!

tommys2patrick

does anyone make an 11.00 x 20 that would fit the split ring rims these days other than the non-directional military type? If in fact the goodyears and firestones are out of production and no longer available. I would a good steer set up front. Any currently available tires in that type?

maccus

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
M34 26 Oct 07 009.jpgM34 28 Oct 07 009.jpg1100x20s on a M35 are a no brainier. They are the tire that came on the M34s, the issue tire. The M34 has no problems at all with power etc. You need to change the speedometer sending gears however, and you can get a correct set from Saturn Surplus.

Last edited:

91W350

The best driving deuce I ever drove was on 186 Goodyears, 1100 20s singled. I had 1100 G-177s on one deuce and 1100 XLs on the other. I liked the Michelins better, so I sold the G-177s and put another set of XLs on the other deuce. I like the dualled look, but singled 1100s is the way to go.

Flyingvan911

I was debating on the single or dual G286's but it sounds like single is pleanty. It's just hard to get used to driving behind a singled deuce. It looks so much different.

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
For me it is the dualed XL's it looks and drives great, with that being said my buddy has the singled G177 and it drives great also but just doesn't have the meaty look to it. I did switch my 818 from NDCC's to G177's and it really made for a big difference for the good in the way it rides and handles.

Attachments

Heath_h49008

Just my opinion...

The singled Deuce with anything smaller than a 14.5 looks really wrong. The worst look possible being the number of single trucks with 9x20's I'm seeing.

Dual 1100s would seem the most practical choice if you plan on cross-country trips without spares.

Best appearance at lowest weight, stock rims, and easy availability.

Overall best appearance, 395s. Buy a bed crane and increase the protein intake. :naner:

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You don't need a bed crane if you put the spare in the original spot. It is doable with 395s. The last flat I had was while offroading with a BUNCH of friends. Before I knew it, thay had tossed the flat up on the bed. They were none too happy when I said I wanted it back down so I could put it back up on the stock location. There, it is secure, which is a big issue when offroading and the truck starts the bogey axle hopping. The increased protein intake is still needed though.

rutledge1113

im bobbing a deuce right now and the tire and wheel decisions are crazy one day ive got in my head what i want then i read another post and im lost again what i would like to end up with is duals on the rear with a single axel and use my stock wheels and something that will look good and works well with the duels on the front with stock wheels can someone tell me what tires and sizes i need to use

peashooter

im bobbing a deuce right now and the tire and wheel decisions are crazy one day ive got in my head what i want then i read another post and im lost again what i would like to end up with is duals on the rear with a single axel and use my stock wheels and something that will look good and works well with the duels on the front with stock wheels can someone tell me what tires and sizes i need to use
1100-20 size like the G177 tires. They can be dualled and look good. They arent hard to find anylonger (at the moment) because of all the 5 ton trucks coming out of GL with them on.

Merc1973

1100-20 size like the G177 tires. They can be dualled and look good. They arent hard to find anylonger (at the moment) because of all the 5 ton trucks coming out of GL with them on.
That's what I would like to go with. A set of 10 will run about $1500, but shipping could be bad.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I run 1200x20s good mpg smooth no loss engine rpm band. tows fine. good cruise. looks great. changing wheels one person ok. and the spare fites the orriginal carrier ok.
But they are not dualed, at least in that pic. Have you tried them duallied and encountered problems?

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That's what I would like to go with. A set of 10 will run about $1500, but shipping could be bad.
You can find a supplier or two up your way for the tires. Good luck hunting and please post pics!

Be advised the the G177 are the only ones still being made.
Firestone and Michelin no longer make the 900 or 1100 x 20's.
You can still get the NDTs though.

Last edited:

ATPTac

We bought our truck with 11's on it. So I can't speak for how it drives with those vs. the factory 9's. But it seems to do ok driving around town, it falls on its face on any kind of hill though (which is apparently common with these trucks regardless). Looking to do a 395 single conversion down the road, but we have quite a bit of work to do to the truck before I get around to running singles. I (personally) definitely think the 11's look better on these trucks than the factory tires, but 395 singles look even better. My 2cents

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks