• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ideas for licensplate mounting that has a light

Darrellr

I have a street legal M998 and need to mount a license plate that it lit.. any ideas on a cost effective solution. I would to keep the military look

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those military guys have a lighted license plate frame with a light if you are looking for something already comple. I don't have one but I saw it on their site.

If you are handy at fabrication, you could probably make one of your own.

kcobean

I just installed the TMG plate frame:

IMG_1620.JPGIMG_1619.JPGIMG_1611.JPG

It comes with both screws for mounting to the truck (they're self-tapping metal screws) and screws to mount the plate to the frame. The wiring is a single hot-wire with a packard connector Y that plugs into the tail-light connector and it includes a small additional/optional ground wire if you need it, but I didn't. The wire is a bit cheap, but otherwise it's a nice product. the light itself is 3 LEDs and does a satisfactory job of lighting the plate at night.

galaxie428

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TMG=Those Military Guys. Do a search for them on whatever search engine you use, they are also vendors on here if you look in the classifieds section.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Those military guys have a lighted license plate frame with a light if you are looking for something already comple. I don't have one but I saw it on their site.

If you are handy at fabrication, you could probably make one of your own.
I have a military light if you want to make your own.

I ordered two lights just like that off of Ebay for less then $20 12volt or 24volt for my smaller trailer that I pull behind the military trucks and my pickup . The light looks bright it may work good under the dash for a inside light.