• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ideas for mounting canoe / kayak on M1009 ??

Sverige

I haven't found much information on mounting canoes or kayaks on M1009 or Chevy K5 Blazers.

I realize the detachable roof presents complications, however, I'd appreciate any insight from experienced users.

cucv1833

I would cut those swimming pool noodles and put them on the edge of the canoe to protect the blazer then ratchet strap it to the front and rear shackles.

Or you can build and buy those canoe reciever hitch holders ( goal post) and you could even fab one up in the front and have it lifted of the blazer to run with the top off.

Ive seen a jeep do this but not a K-5

gungearz

I've seen guys with K5's with a ladder rack on top... That have a detachable basket for offroading. That may suit the situation.... I don't know if it was bought but I'm sure it can be fabricated with ease...

gungearz

Ohhh, and it allowed them to take the back half off without it interfering with the rack... It was like a light rack in the front but had 2 uprights in the back corners that mounted in between the top and body... Then it had 3 center cross bars for weight support...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks