• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ideas for soft top fastener(s)?

Alright gentlemen, I have been thinking about this for a few days now and it is time for me to figure this out as it is the last thing I need to do before I can bring my truck in to have my custom roll bar fabricated and installed for my conversion to a canvas soft-top. I'm not sure how they do it in the kits you can buy, but I have a few criteria that make this a little more difficult to do. Of course I could quite possibly be nuking the **** out of it altogether.

1st: It has to be able to withstand freeway speeds; especially since where I live it takes a freeway to get ANYWHERE, and in our deserts the winds are quite harsh. I don't want this thing flying around the back my M1009 like Superman's cape!

2nd: It has to be fairly weatherproof. I will have quite a bit of electrical equipment in it, as well as my camping/survival gear, and need to to be protected from the elements. I don't know about you guys, but I was not a very happy camper the last time I slept in a wet sleeping bag.

3rd and lastly, I need to be able to lock it or make it minutely theft-proof, as the same goes with #2 with my electrical equipment. As we all know that stuff can be a pain to replace.

So far, this is the best I've found:

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/files/9404-cervini-speedster-cover-02.jpg

Not a BAD idea, but I'm not really sure how I can make that weatherproof OR secure...

That's where (I'm hoping) You guys come in! :beer:

Csm Davis

On a canvas top forget security a pocket knife cuts it like butter car alarm would be best as for attachment I personally like the hard edge type like on the jeep tops much better.

Yea, I was thinking about how easy it would be to break in with a soft top... I guess that rules out of my criteria, which should (hopefully) make this a little easier. Any idea where I can find the hard edge you mentioned without having to buy a replacement top for a jeep and gutting it?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks