• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ideas to quite down an mep 005

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since you have a hotel you probably have a lot of bad towels / linens. They make great sound absorbers for your generator room or any noisy place. You can use fire retardant materials to cover the frame also! See video.

Hard Head

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In old days they hung tapestries in churches and castles to reduce sound reflections in a room. I have seen large moving blankets on walls and wool used the same way. Now you can buy modern scientifically designed sound panels that are designed by a team of engineers. I am an engineer, just electrical LOL. So this video demonstrates that simple cloth items do a great job with sound control. It would take a lot of work to make panels this way but you can buy moving blankets and other items that are similar that will reduce reflections and thus reduce noise on a larger scale. There are all kinds of things being used as YouTuber's are budget content producers. I spent over 1,000 just on sound and weather improvements on one generator. I spent a lot of time with sound and air flow monitoring to see what did or didn't make a difference. Why? Because I could hear it running next to my bedroom. Now I do not! Neither do my neighbors. So everything depends on the price you are willing to pay. I really don't want others knowing when my generator is running.

Chainbreaker

Since you have a hotel you probably have a lot of bad towels / linens. They make great sound absorbers for your generator room or any noisy place. You can use fire retardant materials to cover the frame also! See video.

Really enjoyed watching that video! If made on a larger scale those panels could even be used as room dividers. Heck take various colors of paint in a paint brush and sling across the panels and you now have expensive hanging "abstract artwork" sound deadening panels ! :giggle:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks