• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identification Help MRS I-100?????????

Astarr

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all,

I am in need of information. I have acquired a bulldozer that was used by the USMC. I have looked for information on the web and have been unsuccessful. The data plate description is;

“Tractor Wheeled Medium with Bulldozer Sectionalized”
Model: I-100 4x4 M C
Ser: FWD-313
Year of Manufacture: 3-64
Engine Ser No.: 4A-101965
Registration No. USMC 318355
FSN: 2420-973-0019
NOM: 72460
Mfd by M-R-S Manufacturing Company

I have found information on the company, Mississippi Road Service and a few of their other pieces of equipment, but not the I-100.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Adam

100_0396resize.jpg

papercu

FSN has been changed to NSN, your number now may be 2420-00-902-3084 but the -00- should be the only numbers changed. Recheck your numbers. For the number I have, here is the LO for it but not much else. Good luck, Wayne

Attachments

cbvet

Adam,
I ran an MRS tractor for a while in 'Nam, but don't know what model. We used them to pull belly scrapers. Lots of power.
Seems to me they had an 8 speed hydro trans. Great fun on paved roads, as they were pretty fast.
SeaBee museum in Port Hueneme California might be some help.

Eric
CBVET

DAS

290's

We called them 290's and if i remember right they were made by MRS,A PART OF MICHIGAN-CLARK CO......May be that will help you ...I ran one a few times...Our unit had two of them.....they had 290 cummins inline 6's in them....DAS

scooter01922

Thats why i love this site, no matter how obscure the MV someone, someplace knows not only what it is but where to find out more about it. I have to start buying weirder things just to try to confuse you guys. That looks like a nice new toy astarr, good luck with it.

papercu

The Clark Model 290M NSN is 2420-00-088-9384, still no joy. Wayne
Tractor, Wheeled, Industrical: DED,
Medium Drawbar Pull w/Dozer, w/Scarifiter,
w/Drawbar Trailer Pintle and Hydraulic
Scraper Controls (CLARK MODEL 290M)

Astarr

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great Information

WOW, this site is excellent!!!!!!! I have been searching the net for several months for information on this tractor. I found info about the Clark on another site, but nothing on the MRS. I believe (correct me if I am wrong) the Clark was the replacement for the MRS. The Clark 290 is an articulating tractor where the MRS has four wheel steering.

Thanks to all who have responded. The picture was great and the LO will be useful. I will also look up the museum. Until now I had no information. Again thanks to all, I am glad to be part of such a great group.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks