• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

identify my trailer.

lil_red_wagon

I just picked up a mil 1/4ton trailer yesterday. The identification plate has been painted over and the sides have been cut off. Where would i look to find the plate to see what the model and year it is? Im wanting to put sides back on it and use it for a off road trailer.

Here is a picture of it.

Also does anyone have the specs and dimensions on the sides and ends so i can make some more?

I have the original plug with it but it has been cut off and a small 6 pin plug has wired in. also have the stock wheels and tires but will be using a different set for when its off road.

I'm also leavin the factory pintle mount on it. It will work better with the offroad/off camber situations.

lil_red_wagon

I found the I.D. tag from the manual on the m416. but it dont give me any info by chassis it says U.S. ARMY and by body it says U.S. Army. and by MTD EQPT it dont have anything

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I am pretty sure it is a M416 cargo frame with 416 fenders that has a "home made" top added to it with a mil box bolted on. The way the fenders are attached is not military either. The data plate would have been on the cargo box that was removed. The military 416 flat bed version is a whole other animal.

lil_red_wagon

I know the "mods" that are done to it where "on base". Yes it does have a high/low position. "They" also told me the fenders where raised to clear HMMWV tires. They also said the sides and stuff where cut off when the fenders where raised up and the mil box bolted on. I did get someone to get me the dimensions so i can build a new tub for it. After I build the tub im goin to have to do wider fenders and maybe lift it a little. I need it to clear 38.5x15.5x15 super swamper tsl/sx. what would be the best/most recommended way to lift it if need be?

They also threw in a 2 piece HMMWV 2dr canvas top. What would be the best way to stitch and weather seal the top to reshape it? I'm only going to need smaller of the 2 pieces I think.

Last edited:

lil_red_wagon

I didnt even know if they where SOA or SUA till i went out and looked at it. I flipped it tonight. Took the drums loose spun the backin plate to the brake cable still goes to the top and bolted it back up. Tomorrow i have to stick the U-bolts back in and relocate the brake cable or extend it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks