• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identify this German WWII vehicle

Guyfang

Staff member
The building is indeed German style. Looks very similar to the Southern German area, maybe in the Grafenwoehr area. Typical sandstone block to the right, tile roofing. I could find similar building today for that matter.

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the correct answer to the top question....
I mailed the owner of the Website " kfzderwehrmacht.de"
He mailed me this.
http://www.kfzderwehrmacht.de/Haupt.../Deutschland/Adler/PzKw_Nachb/pzkw_nachb.html
It's an Adler Standard 6, like Assel wrote.....
it was built between 1930-1932, but they were also used later.
They were not really armored, they were replicas.
The armor was only made of thin sheet metal.
The germans use them for Training purposes.

Al Harvey

Awesome! Thats a great picture of one too. Thank you to everyone for adding to this thread and really answering the question!

Another Ahab

Excellent "bird-dogging", german m1008! it's an expression; meaning doing the homework/ doing the investigation.

Check out (what I think is) the spot-light on that car; it looks pretty progressive for that era. That seems unusual, doesn't it?

Panzerkraftwagen_Nachbildung_Fgst_Adler_Standart_6.jpg

german m1008

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Eagle eye Ahab.... also a nice name, lol.
I think, it could be a light to gave signals, behause side and upwards it's shaded, but i don't really know it.

Last edited:

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's the translation from CB's link.

Long before the start of series production of the first armored fighting German High Command has initiated the construction of a sufficiently large training "armored vehicles" series made on the car chassis Adler "Standart-6". These machines are equipped with a 6-cylinder petrol engines with capacity of 50-60 hp and 4-speed transmission. If modifications are made to the training armored vehicle normal body shot, and its place established sham "hulls" (various designs), made of plywood or normal metal. Almost all cars have a tower, but more often it is performed purely visual function. Arming usually absent. In addition, passenger chassis often used for the manufacture of self-propelled tanks layouts.

The number of rearranged so "Adler" is still not clarified, but it may well go on a few hundred machines. Their production has been launched in 1929 (?) And lasted for two years, until the arrival of armored reconnaissance and connected Kfz.13 and Kfz.14, performed on the same chassis.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks