• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identify This Part

MatthewH

If somebody can help identify this part, would be helpful.

While its not an M880 series truck, the wiring is the same, and its essentlly an M890 with fancy paint, right :)

Recently bought a '78 Dodge D200 Adventurer. While going over the post buy checklist, I noticed an extra something above the volt reg. I checked my M887 and it dosen't have it, but this truck does. Looks to be wired into the same harness as the volt reg, and wondered what it does. Has a Mopar number on it.

Any help would be appreciated. I know there are some knowledgeable Dodge guys on here

Thanks

Matthew

Attachments

MatthewH

emission control

"EGR timer"
MAC
Thanks, now I can search and see what it does. Just wondered what it was since the M887 didn't have it, and this truck does.

Try googling the part number .
I did and didn't find anything useful. Thats why I asked so I could get a solid answer and google "EGR TImer" instead of "H8D". Lots of crap comes up for ''H8D", even if you put Dodge in front of it. :)

MatthewH

Bob,

That box is an EGR timer. From what I have found, it controls when the EGR opens. Basically, if the truck is cold, it holds off X seconds before it opens the EGR. There are a couple of different ones, time wise.

Thats all I have found out info wise.

Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks