• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identify this radio mount, please.

natem

Ok back to Google, found GRC-193 but nothing in this configuration. Seems odd with antenna and radio on same mount. May I add this site rocks an answer in 15 minutes!

Thanks, Nate

bender108

Gentlemen...
The mount is part of the Remote Antenna Siting Kit for the GRC-193 radio set. The coupler CU-2064A is removed from the GRC-193 mount and put on the mount in the picture. The mount plus coupler is then placed 250 feet from the GRC-193 radio using the cables supplied in the remote siting kit. The antenna base uses standard MS-116 antenna sections up to 16 feet in height.
This setup provides some protection for the radio...hopefully...when other guys zero in on the RF produced by the GRC-193.
Regards....

M813A1

That looks like the newer style AS-1322 antenna mount and it is very similar looking to the AS-652 and AB-15 and or the MP-65 mounts all these mounts use the MS-116, MS-117, MS-118 and the GR-24 Antenna whip. that mount can be found on EGAY with the same setup as a AS-1322 antenna mount. That mount setup should work with the MS-116, MS-117, and the GR-24 whip sections being 106 inches long and with a BNC to PL-259 connector and COAX you will be able to setup a CB !! And it will have a good SWR reading less then 2.0 or less which is good for a good strong signal!!

M813A1

As I posted get the MS-116, MS-117, MS-118 and GR-24 antenna whips and you can setup a nice CB radio quite easliy !! Go on EGAY and find the whips , Beltfed62 has them for sale !!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks