• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identify this?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I see a 10K gas gen. just a guess...

hwcurtice

Keep in mind, I was trying not to infringe on people's property. I saw it yesterday while driving, and had to stop and take pictures of it today.

Thought someone might have an idea, because it looks kinda older than me...

hwcurtice

hmmmm Maybe I'll go see if the people want to get rid of it. Take the little eyesore off their land... I think the Dakota can pull it off there....

I just need to go get my Pintle from Lakewood...

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M103A3 trailer probably $150 or so and an MEP018A genset. 10KW and can consume its weight in gas in a day. Cranetruck needs parts from that model genset. I found my 103 quite useful when I had it.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
M103A3 trailer probably $150 or so and an MEP018A genset. 10KW and can consume its weight in gas in a day. Cranetruck needs parts from that model genset. I found my 103 quite useful when I had it.
Right Kenny, but located in WA, the shipping of the generator head to VA (if the seller would even want to take the time to separate it from the engine) would be prohibitive....
:) gas consumption isn't that bad, about 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 GPH with a low load.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Bjorn,

You forget about the Steelsoldiers supply line! While not much crosses the Rocky Mountains, there are bold folks that make long distance trips east and west. You just need to find someone doing so (or having a deuce sized veh shipped east - say from Idaho Motor Pool) that the head could be put in the bed - some added weight but no extra cube.

hwcurtice

So help me narrow this down. Get a better look at it? Get more details? Make an offer?

Picture of the dataplate, if possible?

I mean if someone needs parts, I have no qualms about getting it and storing it. Just let me know.

There is a scrapper real close to me, so hauling it a couple extra miles isn't an issue either...

Scout

Yes, it's an M103 trailer - originally would be set up with two generators. I have two of them for hauling firewood. Very similar to the common M105 trailer, but wider and longer. The added length is behind the axle, so they pretty much balance on the axle - not much tongue weight. I prefer them to the M105 for firewood - they hold significantly more. I think I paid less than $200 for one of them, and around $400 for the other, which was current scrap price at the time.

hwcurtice

Ok, the guy wants... You are sitting down, right?

$1,250!!!!!!! :shock:

It is an m103a2. Built by Bellevue of Ohio. It has holders for 6 Jerry cans, but no cans. Someone cut the cables to, I think, the batteries. Tires might make it about a mile before blowing. It has an air connector for the brakes.

I couldn't, didn't, tell the guy that his price was way too high or way more than it would be worth as scrap.

Oh well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks