• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

identifying military generator from photo(possibly 30 or 60 kw)

Wdr

There is a genset for sale relatively local to me however the seller seems rather unfamiliar with it and is therefore not sure of its specifications, wondering if anyone could hazard a guess to the model from ther photo, seller said they thought it was 50kw but I was under the impression the military sets were 30 or 60kw? Any thoughts appreciated, thanks

.IMG_3381.jpg

Wdr

This is the only other photo they have up, they said they'd try and get me one of the name plate but I was trying to get a rough idea in advance, thanks!

Attachments

Wdr

Had a chance to go look at the unit, seems to say it's a 45kw on the data plate and 1972. I will not be persuing it as I don't really currently need one or have the time and resources to retrieve it and only really wanted a 30kw anyways. Here is a picture of the data plate, my apologies as my phone camera is old and crusty. Thanks for the input everyone.

I do not want to run afoul of the rules with posting of links but the seller is asking I believe to be a rather low price ($800) and said it was previously running and used by a municipality. It's located in south east Michigan( I need to update my location) I guess I may direct them here to post it for sale or maybe contact me privately and I can send a link? Just don't want to break the rules.

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
The milatary bought lots of different kinds of sets back then. Manufactured I'd 1962. It's not a 52/300 Stewert & Stevens 45 KW.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks