• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identifying Plateless Mule

leemoBot

Hi everyone! Newbie here and I have a question about an M274 I just acquired.

It doesn't have a data plate but looks to have the original plates on the bed, confirming that it is an A2.

The number inscribed under where the data plate would be is BMY 932. I plan to repaint it and as I scratched more paint where the vehicle numbers should be, I uncovered a USMC stencil with numbers 315291. I am unsure if they are the original numbers but they look to be painted over twice with the same numbers, just different stencils.

Attached is a pic of the engine plate. Any info or resource you could point me to would be great. Plan is to actually paint and stencil her for the Army unit my group portrays, but I would love to use the original data plate info and possibly put a date on this beauty!

1613514945881.png

Last edited:

major519

Send your numbers over to G503 and see if Chuck W can give you exact proof.
He maintains the largest data base of Mules in the world.
Once you have confirmation, do yourself and the rest of the mule community and have a set of repro plates made and inscribed with the original numbers.
I would also suggest taking pictures of the existing painted numbers for provenance down the road.
My A2 must be one of the last in the production run as it has a much higher serial and registration number.
BMY2098 USMC333007
Cheers

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks