• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Identity Please: International trucks

bratpackdad

Trucks

Yes, here you go...

Navistar Defense, an affiliate of Navistar International Corporation, has been awarded two new contracts with the U.S. military to sell more of their Medium Tactical Vehicles. The contracts are worth nearly $92 million and are extensions to earlier-signed contracts wherein Navistar provided its Medium Tactical Vehicles and other variants of the International 7000 series trucks. Navistar's new contracts will entitle the military to 400 cargo trucks with increased payload ($70 million) and 120 tractor trailers ($22 million).

The 520 new vehicles are being sent to the U.S Army TACOM Life Cycle Management Command to be used in Iraq and Afghanistan. The cargo trucks are built on the International 7400 Series and will be powered by MaxxForce D engines, part of the International MaxxPro Plus engine family. The cargo trucks will be delivered in three shipments, with the first 150 out of 400 to be delivered in early 2009. The tractor trailers are built on the International 7600 Series and powered by Cummins ISM engines. All schedule maintenance for both contracts will be covered by Navistar, as they will send all required spare parts along with the vehicles.

The reasons for the U.S. military selecting Navistar are explained by Navistar Defense's vice president Bob Walsh: "Navistar's track record for providing quality vehicles and rapid customization capabilities to defend against evolving threats has helped positioned us as a leader in the defense industry. The increased payload and seating capacity of these vehicles are just one example of Navistar's ability to meet the changing mission needs of the U.S. military and its allies."​

Attachments

KsM715

I saw 2 of those painted tan driving around the Ft Riley DRMO area (not actually in DRMO but on the roads surrounding the area) I really wanted to follow and get pics but I dont feel like getting jacked-up by the MP's. I still get an un-easy feeling when Im just driving around post and looking thru the fences.

91W350

We had four stacked up like that rolling through here. I really wanted photos, but got sent on a call. By the time I got back, they were gone. Maybe the same bunch Jeff saw at Riley.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks