• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Idle issues

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just bypassed FDC. New O rings and cleaned a bunch of crap out of HH. Idles 700ish. Runs great but after running a bit and I let off throttle it tries to stumble and die before it come.right back to Idle properly. Have to pull and set throttle up a few clicks to stop stumble when I let off throttle. Any thoughts on starting places besides fuel filters. Thanks

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Jacob2027

Just bypassed FDC. New O rings and cleaned a bunch of crap out of HH. Idles 700ish. Runs great but after running a bit and I let off throttle it tries to stumble and die before it come.right back to Idle properly. Have to pull and set throttle up a few clicks to stop stumble when I let off throttle. Any thoughts on starting places besides fuel filters. Thanks

May want to check the booster pump and injectors. What is the condition of the air filter? From my experience with vehicles in general which may not carry over to a duece. It is either a fuel or air issue. Possibly an airless caused by a bad gasket. Hope I am not leading you in the wrong direction. The idea behind the booster pump is if it isn't working then when the ingine spools down the primary might dip lower on fuel pressure due to not having the help when warm.

Slate

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I saw a video talking about a plug in the side of booster. Has an O ring and a hole in plug that can get clogged up with junk over time. I'll try and check that first. But I may have let some crap in my injectors when I cleaned up HH.

Broke Down

If you checked all of that and it still does it run some fuel additive and a little bit of transmission fluid through it. I fought mine for a month or 2 and a member told me to try that then run the mess out of it. Took it on a drive for 2 hours on some hilly gravel roads and it started running great again. A tad bit of nasty in the fuel system will make you want to pull your hair out.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks