• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Idle surging

DoubleE

Hello everyone,
My Deuce has started surging real bad even to the point of quitting. It does this no matter how long I let it idle in the yard, but if I drive it to town it comes out of it. I did replace the fuel filters with no change. The only other odd thing I noticed was it seemed like the filter closest to the firewall was only half full when I pulled it off. Does this seem like an air leak problem to everyone else? Thank you for your time.

rustystud

Hello everyone,
My Deuce has started surging real bad even to the point of quitting. It does this no matter how long I let it idle in the yard, but if I drive it to town it comes out of it. I did replace the fuel filters with no change. The only other odd thing I noticed was it seemed like the filter closest to the firewall was only half full when I pulled it off. Does this seem like an air leak problem to everyone else? Thank you for your time.
Did you replace all three filters ? Have you checked the in-tank fuel pump ? If not then make sure it is working and pumping out fuel. Have you bypassed your Fuel Density Compensator yet ? If not then this might be a good time to do so. Your injection pump could be acting up. The droop screw could have come loose a little and is now out of adjustment.

DoubleE

Did you replace all three filters ? Have you checked the in-tank fuel pump ? If not then make sure it is working and pumping out fuel. Have you bypassed your Fuel Density Compensator yet ? If not then this might be a good time to do so. Your injection pump could be acting up. The droop screw could have come loose a little and is now out of adjustment.
Yes to all other than I haven't touched the droop screw. I've been reading up on adjusting it. Is it real touchy when making adjustments? Thank you.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks