• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If political discussion is not allowed, why are political ads accepted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Top left banner ad is a google ad. Not controlled by SS. Google inserts ads based on keywords found from the host page. Sorry.

3dAngus

and now they have an Obama vs. Romney ad up.

Guess we''ll have to live with it. Probably good money for the site. I'm all for that!

Ads are not as bad as heated and emotional discussion.

You never know where that will go.

3dAngus

We can have fun with this.....

Obama

edit: 25 refreshes, and Obama did not show up.
Not saying nothing else.

Last edited:

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
:ditto: to the sigline.

I never even looked at the ads, Real effective aren't they?

Rick

Some people here have WAY too much time on their hands and tend to pick apart anything political they can which doesn't side with their views. (No I'm not talking about JCKnife)

Wish more people would take this mindset. (tune things out)

3dAngus

Well, I got Obama. I wonder if this will work.

Obama go away!
Political ads go away.
Stop all ads.
Don't let it happen again.
Just do it!

(Bet it doesn't, but now, a Las Vegas gambling ad may come up that is a lot more interesting.)

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
Do everybody see the same ad, or is it defferent for each member, depending on what thread they brought up ?????

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not really much different than Auction ads with links vs not allowed to link to auctions. Although Googleads go by your cookies.

It's all about the Benjamins.
Totally different.

The GL ads in the left panel of the page are random. The reason we don't want you to post links here is for your own benefit.

1. Post a link to a live or upcoming auction and you might be bidding against each other.

2. Posting up links to old auctions is no guarantee that the link will remain viable later on.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Well, I got Obama. I wonder if this will work.

Obama go away!
Political ads go away.
Stop all ads.
Don't let it happen again.
Just do it!

(Bet it doesn't, but now, a Las Vegas gambling ad may come up that is a lot more interesting.)
No, it won't work because you "tell them to go away". The programming isn't looking for suggestions. It's looking for key words. So basically you gave it...

Obama
Political
Las Vegas
gambling

You do the math on what it should display?

JCKnife

Agreed, I didn't mean to start a problem here. The question has been answered that's good enough for me.

knockers ta-tas cans headlights

flighht2k5

Banned
BECAUSE this is a PRIVAT owned site, The owner sets the rules
Is that legal? So I have the right to limit anyone's constitutional rights huh? I'll bet of the creator of this site wanted to ban weapons, all of you would cry fowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks