• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you are bidding In the next few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstang97

I agree with looking out for others, but the way the rule is written this is not allowed. If you have rules you must enforce them all the same or you end up with a mess just like we have here.

Its been sent to a mod, if it stays, it stays, that doesn't bother me at all.
It's also a rule not to Hi-jack
This isn't a mess you are making it a mess. Please just drop it and move on. PLEASE

dstang97

Well..... Do all the VINs from CUCVs show up on Carfax or whatever source a person uses?
Some websites recognize it and some don't. I have been here a while and can decode the vins from memory. So when I saw it, it did not look right. Plus it looks like he stamped it himself.

ARYankee

Interesting..... Thank you guys. This was very useful since I am in the market for a CUCV and don't want to get hosed. I was wondering how you could check a private individual out other than carfax.

KsM715

I guess I'm rusty on the rules - you can't say which one it is?
Not allowed to post active auctions even though there at the top left of your screen??????
It's also a rule not to Hi-jack
This isn't a mess you are making it a mess. Please just drop it and move on. PLEASE

I did not hi-jack your thread. I replied to comments made about the rules.

Go back and look atpost 13. I was prepared to leave it there but you keep responding with your snarky little comments about "crying to a mod" and such and well.................. You do that and I'm going to respond.

Last edited:

Rustsleeps

I believe that if a VIN number is clearly not from a MV and the vehicle is misrepresented as such, it is a fair warning that was given. It was not a quality or condition comment.

KsM715

No need to refresh to the top every minute.
Is that not the point of this thread? To let everyone know there is something up with this CUCV's VIN #. The more people that see this thread the more that are aware of the problem with it.

Even though this is not they way you want it, it is getting both our points across.

KsM715

You're like me. You just have to have the last word.:p It aggrivates you everytime I reply, bugs the 'ell out of you and you feel you have to say something in return. Just like post's breaking the rules bug the **it out of me.

Welcome to my world.

Goodnight.

dstang97

You're like me. You just have to have the last word.:p It aggrivates you everytime I reply, bugs the 'ell out of you and you feel you have to say something in return. Just like post's breaking the rules bug the **it out of me.

Welcome to my world.

Goodnight.
LOL Goodnight

dependable

Its pretty clearly a cucv. I suspect it is hot or at least untitled, or why would seller re stamp data plate? Probably had a title to said 2x4 gasser. I wonder if he got to the vin tag under the windshield as well.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
There is a REASON for the rules on auctions, and 99.9% of the time thay cover things, IN this case, it looks like a FRAUD was in play, so a warning was called for ( no different then DB warnings). with the hand stamped VIN, this could very well have been a STOLEN truck, or a rebuilt JUNK truck, if so CAN NOT be registered, in fact the hand stamping should be reported to the locale LEO,

This site (SS) is a FAMILY as well as a CLUB, families may fight tooth and nail among themselves, but are as one against the outside world when the FAMILY is threatened.
Just my 2cents and Sunday morning thoughts

Last edited:

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So the truck had a blank data plate?
The plate shows the vin as an 87 GMC 3/4 ton 2wd
yet it doesn't look re-stamped, hand stamped sure.
a look at the dash tag is important here.

Attachments

Stonepicker1

See attached picture of the data plate.
I would hate for some newbe who was just getting into the MV thing buy this thing and later get burned. I reported it to the auction site for removal. It may or may not happen.

When I was in a DS maintenance company we would order blank data plates to replace data plates that were damaged. like when we replaced cabs on 2-1/2 and 5 tons some of the data plates were torn or unreadable. We would stamp the same info on to the new plates.

I would call this a "HOTWHEEL" vehicle.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.