• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If you work beneath your truck, absolutely close the cab doors!

SSG Gibb

While we're on the topic of Safety... Never forget Gravity ALWAYS works So there is no need to test it Especially when trying to replace the old wooden spacers between the frame-rails and the bed of a Deuce with a tanker bar. 8 stitches in the forehead, Stars, and a busted nose later. "just saying":roll:

M813rc

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thus far I have banged my head working on everything I own, and my Unimog and V100 have both forced me to get stiches in my scalp.

The Unimog bite, I began to swing out from underneath and caught one of the jack points the Swiss ones have underneath. When I woke up (it knocked me senseless), it looked like a scene from Zulu Dawn in my driveway, and I looked like something from a horror movie (head wounds bleed profusely!). Nine stiches from that one.

One of the V's hanger strap brackets inside got me one day, four stitches there. Now I wear a thick cap working in the V, and a CVC while operating it. Not quite as stylish as Swbradley's suggestion, but more military looking. :)

Cheers

dirtdobber

i can't stress this enough. Yes...i did it. I was being so careful working beneath my m923, then i had to get something out of the cab and left the cab door open. I crawled beneath the truck, crawled back out, stood up, and bam! I hit my head on the opened door. Man i know i got a concussion and lost brain cells that i can't afford to lose. Uhmm...let's say it hurt really bad.now in addition to making sure the doors are closed, i also wear one of those plastic replica baseball batting helmets when i'm working around the truck. It resembles a baseball cap but it's made of hard plastic -- basically a hardhat. Trust me, you don't want this to happen to you...ever.
ouch!!!

HanksDeuce

Although I haven't hit the bottom of my deuce doors I have removed the passenger side step a time or two and came up under the "L" bracket once. Now THAT hurt and it left a scar on my back for a while. Very sharp corners on those 2 "L" brackets. This goes for both side steps, fuel tank, and any tool boxes as well.

frioman

After reading all this, as standard practice I think I'm going to crawl out much further than I need to....then s-l-0-w-l-y stand up.

saddamsnightmare

July 1st, 2015.

frioman:

I think most of us have gotten that Purple Heart once or twice, especially on the M35A2 given that you are apt to crawl out from under the truck using either the cab step as a hand grab, or the pioneer rack, and if you forget what is overhead, well, the truck will remind you promptly! If the cab doors open, the sharp bottom corner can really mess up your day or evening.....

Safety First,

or as Al Johnson used to say on Rowan and Martin: "Very Interesting! But very Stupid!":-o

Last edited:

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How familiar! I stood up under the door on a civvie truck a co-worker had opened, makes a not very interesting ZZZZZIP sound as it goes down your backbone.
When parked, I hang a flag of some kind on the deuce mirror bracket. That bolt on the bottom is just the right height to part my hair along with some scalp skin.
BT,DT! Martin

m816Buch

I used to have hair down to the middle of my back ...till I rolled it up in my creeper wheel.....all alone, no help, the more I rolled the worse it got....TRAPPED....then one hard jerk and I was free and bald in a 3 inch blotch......OUCH!!!!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks