• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

If your truck could talk, mine kinda did

zout

Change

Nothing to do with the truck - and not stealing your thread - but it is a simularity.

I had a 45-70 from 1886 and it was a breach lock. I had all the civil war items that went with the weapon. I contacted Springfield and I was eventually after a long time awarded the soldiers name that was assigned the weapon. After many turn in's of the weapon history was lost.
As you have in your unit you have a history - just wish it could "play back" a verbal history of the unit.
I find it intriguing - If only I could find the history behind the unit.

BTW - the weapon kicked a** when fired - it was an awesome weapon of its time.
Too bad the folks on the hearing after the war decided on this weapon (changing it from black powder to single shot 45-70) instead of what the indian"s masacred our soldiers with - the repeating rifle (Henry) (which the indians were sold).

KaiserM109

I found the customs papers from when my truck was returned from Iraq. I
looked up the bumper numbers and found out that it was the Arkansas NG. I
emailed them and this is what they replied:
Arlyn -

I suspect the vehicle was from Company B, 39th Support Battalion. It could
have been a telecommunications repair van - part of Company B's mission. It
should have returned from Iraq in the spring of 2005.

Here is a link to the 39th Iraq history
http://www.first-team.us/journals/39th_bde/

Steve

PS There seems to be something screwy with this page. Zout's is all screwed
up and I had to add newlines to my post to get it to read.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks