• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ignition Switch - 3 terminal vs. 4 terminal

Inkognito

The ignition switch on my M37 burned up. I ordered a replacement but the new one has 4 terminals and my original has 3. I can find little information regarding this. What is hte difference between them? Can I get a replacement 3 terminal switch?

Thanks.

zout

Do you have a voltmeter with continuity ?? switch on no posts live except the HOT feed to the switch. Turn to next position and test which ones go HOT - just put your hot feeds where you need them and your main feed where you need it positioned.

MatthewH

I just went through this with my M37. From my understanding, the 3 pos switch is no longer avalible, and hard/exspensive to find. I ended up using a 4 pos switch, but bought an adapter harness from Vintage Wiring when I bought the rest of my harness.

Good Luck