• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ignition switch starts in the run position and starter continues to run

ZZZZZZCOBRA1

I have a keyed ignition and now when I put the key in the ignition and turn the key one click to where it's supposed to warm up the glow plugs it start. There is no longer the warm-up area. In addition, I noticed the starter is still grinding or running while the truck is on. Basically as if the starter does not stop once the engine starts.

Is this an ignition switch issue instead of a starter issue maybe? My thought is that the physical st
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]arter has nothing to do with the ignition switch no longer having the wait area so this makes me think ignition switch?

I have searched to forums and saw another had the similar issue but he never posted what fixed it. Any advice would be appreciated.[/FONT]

Dock Rocker

But your old switch back on and see if that fixes the problem. If so you have a bad switch.

There are quite a few threads around about how poor the quality is on those switches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Sounds like the start and run leads are switched. Try and switch them. There is only 3 connections. 24v positive, run and crank.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
On a m939 I had a pcb go bad and the truck kept cranking. I am not a humvee expert but if the glow plug controller doubles as the starter/power relays then that might be your culprit. You can check the ignition switch with a multimeter.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks