• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Illinois licence plates ???

EO2NMCB

I run AV plates on my m35, weight plates an "H" good for 26k use to be in the ballpark of 400, not sure what they go for now days, never looked into farm plates. Using IL VET plates on the cucv's good for 8k.

chvss65

Heh thanks
I just looked on cyperdrive Illinois and they stated that AV 's are only good up to 8000 lbs ??
Then again all depends on how much the officer knows about his job or cares about a military truck
Thanks
We should try and get the Illinois guys together

catbol

I have run IL AV plates on my '51 REO M109 for the last 5 years. No Wt. listed on title or registrstion card. DMV never asked Wt. or questioned vehicle. It is registered as a (year) 1951 (manufacturer) - REO; (model) M109; (body type) Van.
Police live right next door to me and have never questioned plates. The vehicle is usually driven in convoys with other AV plated MVs and in parades or to and from reenactments with no problems.

catbol
Danville, IL

chvss65

Thanks Guys
we have alocal officer that syops the old car guys often with AV plates, hasnt written anyone yet, so Iam gonna go with the MF plates, gonna get the truck tomorrow, now try to sleep HaHa

chvss65

Heh
Iam a retired City police (25 yrs)
sometimes yad laugh and sometimes yad write
Its always better to error on the side of good

Its good to see so many Illinois guys showing up
I had no idea there were so many military vehicles around running and supported
Ive messed wiyh muscle type cars my whole life
anybody can do that, but this is way coler !!!!!!!!!
Thanks again for the feed back

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks