• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm an idiot and fried part of my fuse box.

gunboy1656

I vote on not parting it out yet....One mistake and your ready to toss it. You said you only had it a couple months, use this as a learning experience, you dont learn anything until you try and fix it.

As was said replacing the harness is not difficult, just takes some time. I did it in my '78 blazer. These things are built tough for a reason.

devousivac

Thanks for the encouragement. I don't want to part it out - its just the first few comments made it sound like the event was vehicular apocalypse. Nice 50 BMG by the way.

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The junkyards are real good places to find items for your truck. I was looking for a door for a GMC 2 weeks ago and the place i use just had 1 come through the front gate. The wiring harness should be pretty common and easy to get. Not everyone is looking for harnesses and you should be able to get one on the first try...Good luck!! :razz:

PS: If you cant find one asap, leave them your name and # and they will call you when they get something in.

HardCorps79

What all trucks have compatible harnesses? Seems like it would have to be a CUCV, right? And if anyone's done this, how long of a chore are we talking? Seems like it'd be best saved for a 3-day weekend.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
yes, cucv harness