• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm Ba-ack!

Ugg013

Hi Guys:

Due to problems beyond my control, I have been unable to post here. Then mysteriously today, I get an email notifyin me that about a topic response. I check it out, and all of a sudden, I'm able to log on. :? Earlier this year, we went thru a series of computer crashes, wiping out our entire home network (we had 3 computers here in Uggville). Not only was the network wiped out, so were ALL of the computers.

Of the 3, I was only able to get 1 back up and running, sorta. Mine, which was/is down in the dungeon (basement). Since stairs and I AREN'T the best of friends, My only computer time was briefly each AM, while letting dogs out. It turned out that Maynard (my son) was the reason for the crashes, as he kept going to some game sites (on the sly, against my wishes), which allowed some nar do wells access to our stuff. :evil:

We have since got my wife a NEW computer (hers was totally burnt), and I now do regular back ups on to my 2nd HD. Maynard was issued a laptop thru school, and if they catch him going to those sites, they take it away. Our home network is STILL down, but someday I hope to get it back up. :?

Many things have happened here in Uggville since my last contact, some not to good :( , and we may HAVE to get rid of the Frog :cry: , but while I still have it, I want to make it better. I put a new top on the cab, but the bows are bent a bit. How much for a new set (and where do ya get em), or should I just try and straighten the old ones?

TIA
Ugg

PS: I hope the contact stays open.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: I

wlcome back! sounds like the young one needs a restricted acount with no admin priveleges. It is possible to use a third party proxy service to restrict the computer from certain sites. That way the son cannot hack a local program and access the sites. Alternate - could set up one PC as your proxy server and block things there. Good luck!

lacoda56

RE: I

Good to have you back! The bows on my 5 ton were pretty bad, but with a little time and a solid vise, I put a smooth curve in them. Otherwise, if yours are too badly bent, I'm sure Saturn or Memphis would have them. Good luck with everything.

Ugg013

Boy Oh Boy!

Hi Guys:

This is freakin fantastic! I'm upstairs on the wife's computer now, and it works! :jumpin: YAY! Ya know, it's really somethin, the Frog gets better mileage than my Durango. :shock: Our main project is still the Beast (WC 53), but the Frog is still there. I LOVE drivin it around with all the morons on the road, and maybe will take it for a cruise tonight. :driver: :twisted:

We had gotten a tent for the Beast, but it collapsed during that freak snowstorm we had ealier this month, 18" of snow. The weird thing is that it came down BEFORE the snow hit, and it had held up during storms with 75 MPH wind gusts. aua Well, it's up again, and this time it's bionic. :lol:

Had the cracked windshield on the Frog fixed, but it cracked again. :x I'll have em redo after the new year. Why can't people do a job right the 1st time? :? Put all new gaskets on when it was fixed. Still haven't installed the heater, but soon.

We DO have Maynard on restricted access now, but the kid's sneaky. A chip off the old block I guess. :wink: We were supposed to have the Beast all painted last August, but due to problems with Maynard, it didn't happen. The kid went cryin to his Mom because I had him sanding stuff while I did other work (remember, I'm VERY limited in what I can do). He tells her he can't understand why I'm having him do it when I can do it so much better than him. Hell, I've got over 40 years experience on him. :lol: Ah the teen years. I'm really scared as to how he'll be when he turns 16. That's when the trouble is really supposed to start. :shock: aua Oh well.

I guess I'll try and get them bows straight myself. That was the original plan. Now, if I can only take back control of my garage. :lol: Hey, we finally got an oxy torch set up. [thumbzup] Boy, were my welds bad at 1st. Only started a few fires too. :lol:

Later
Ugg 8)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks