• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm building a bobbed deuce to sell or i can do the conversion to your truck.

cavemantrucks

i have built several single axle conversions and would like to build one for you just let me know so i can build it like you wont it. i have sunvisors sunroofs fiberglass tops. the truck I'm building right know i have chopped the top 3 1/2 inches with suicide doors.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Last edited:

Djfreema

In Memorial
In Memorial
My truck has been bobbed and does not have blocks and the rear axle does wrap a little bit, kind of gives it a spongy/springy feel when first letting out the clutch. I watched a rear axle on a another bobbed duece that had around 6" blocks with 14-20 tires and there was a decent amount of spring wrap when first accelerating, a little too much for my comfort.

SasquatchSanta

My personal opinion is that tire size over 1400s is excessive. I'also have concerns about the LDT's ability to effectively turn 1600s. Going with 1400s or 395s makes life a lot simpler. By using deuce front suspension in the rear you can stay with original Deuce suspension. This is not an insignificant point should there ever be a fatal accident In the sad world of legal reality, there is always a product liability law suit out there waiting to be filed. This needs to be taken into account and thought out --- especially when building trucks for resale. Just my 2-cents worth.

Big Mike's Motor Pool

Supporting Vendor
the blocks arent that bad, they may need kicker bars to be bombproof but i know jim-o (caveman trucks) really well and his shop isnt some hokey pokey backyard deal. its a real heavy truck shop. the state sends him alot of work on their big rigs and busses. hes been messin with trucks his whole life and his head mechanic the caveman has been there forever and lives at the shop. hes been doin alot of neat stuff with the bobbers one even had tinted windows lol

cavemantrucks

CaveMan, I spoted your Duce on a picture that accompanyed a Duce you were selling on EBAY and did a post, I'm sure you'll see here on the forum. Heres my question, on the rear where you look to have re-arched and used the really long blocks, does the rear axle tend to wind without having radius rod type mounting points? By apearances to me it seems like there is a super lot of stress once you start really putting the beans to it. I'm new to Duces, and theres obviously alot I'v yet to learn about the modifications. However Your creations are outstanding. Every Guy's fantasy outfit. Rich
I followed through with looking up the other post and I believe I like the frame mod, since there seems to be some discussion on if the blocks are now leagal or not with DOT, Never the less it is a good looker!
In the front i had new springs made and in the back i made a custom block that i have 2 inches oround the rear that are welded like a spring perch.in the back you can have a block.the way they do it with the frame is ok as long as it is supported the right way so they don't wall over because when you turn the front you get a lot of pressure on the front springs thanks jim

cavemantrucks

The way the guys are using the double frame it's ok as long as they support the second peice good . Because in the front with the big tires when you turn the wheel there is alot of stress put on the front springs. As far as the blocks go they are legal in all states in the back, as far as I know, but I could be wrong. JIM

joec

The way the guys are using the double frame it's ok as long as they support the second piece good . Because in the front with the big tires when you turn the wheel there is alot of stress put on the front springs. As far as the blocks go they are legal in all states in the back, as far as I know, but I could be wrong. JIM

Jim is down the road from me. The trucks are done right. Jim has a Heavy Duty Towing Company. Plus his mechanical skills speak for them self. Insight and a second opinion are good.

Jim is a great guy.

Alot might not agree with the blocks. But there is not much deflection when the truck takes off. Pinion angle is correct.

His work is second to none. :beer:

He builds some pretty killer mud trucks with 2 1/2 rears under them.

In my opinion he is a straight shooter .

so cut him a break!!

Blocks on the front are illegal !

as per one pic from the other post.

HIS ARE SPRING FRONT ...BLOCK BACK!

Joe C

Last edited:

joec

i will not be putting blocks on the trucks i build no longer. the price will just be a little higher but the truck will have 4 custom made springs in it

Ok Jim

Great job on the Bobbed Deuces Jim. Like I said before you get what you pay for and your work is second to none.

Jimmy O is like to MILITARY Fab. Is the same as Chip Foose to the Automotive Hot Rod Builders. He has a great insight to Military Hot Rod Modification.

:beer:

All springs on your trucks . Is a much better option. Guy's These trucks are built very well. Have seen up close and personal. No ghetto Fabbing done. Straight up hard core and heavy duty. Plus he does custom alterations to tops and and other options. Give him a try!

Joe C

Last edited:

cgah04

caveman do you have a site to check, out im.. im in the market for a bobed duce and it sounds like you know what your doing.. how do you choose the duce for the bob modifications?

joec

caveman do you have a site to check, out im.. im in the market for a bobed duce and it sounds like you know what your doing.. how do you choose the duce for the bob modifications?

if he doesn't get a hold of you. PM me I can take you there if you want. He has trucks you can pick from. Let me know...?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks