• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm confused

cfish

Ok So I took the m1009 to the muffler shop today. The system is intact but badly rusted. I am having a new system put in. Three inch pipe and a better flowing muffler. While the guy is under the Cucv looking at my exhaust he asks if someone swapped out axles on my vehicle. He was trying to tell me that the 10 bolt 6 lug axles are not what came with it. Is he correct?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
just have a look at the -20P TM. Or the -34 TM.

It came stock with the axles you described.

Whitey

Listen to Doghead. Remember, the military tweaked its spec sheet when ordering. Mechanics used to civi rigs are only used to civi stock, or civi modified rigs.

rnd-motorsports

He is wrong most of the 1/2 ton gms made witch the 1009 is just with haevy duty suspension rating fot the military came with the 10 bolt and 6 lug some cicv had the dana 44 front and 12 bolt rear but ALL had 6 bolt wheels All mil spec 1009s came with the 10bolt axles

mutt1966

they stopped using the Dana 44 Frt 12 bolt rear in I belive 1982 in the civi, too the same setup ya got in M1009 could be what he was thinking

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
12 Bolt rears were last used between 80 and 82 and the 44F was last used in early 77. The swap to the coporate 10 bolt front was considered the 2nd design in 77.