• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

im finally getting a hmmwv

jjramrod

im finally getting a hmmwv and need a little help

i was wondering if anyone has specs as far as the width from outside of the tire on both sides and width of body length from front of tire on front to back of tire on back and front to back of body and any other info i could get would be great i have to drive 15000 miles to go get it and just want to make shure it will fit on my trailer ive allready gotten some measurements but i like to double check things because i have had bad experiences with measurements not being the same as i was told when i get there thanks in advance for any help oh its a 1987

Last edited:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fifteen thousand miles? It's only 11,000 from New York to Iraq, via Alaska and Russia provided you could get a ferry across the Bering Straits.

kdrambo

my 10 manual states width is 85 inchs overall and length between 180 and 202 inches overall height 175 to 259 inches
weight 5200 to 7600 lbs empty

Last edited:

jjramrod

wups meant 1,500 miles sorry about the confusion but thanks for the info from the rest of you anyone know where i can get a shop/opperators manual for it

OL AG '89

nice

you got any pics, what model is it hardtop, softop short or tall....
JJ can I ask what you gave for it.... I'd give my left tester, but only if it was in mint condition.....
take some pics during the recovery....

OL AG '89

JJ you pick it up yet?
where are you getting it from a private or public source...
I've been looking for one for years, but like I said needs to be in mint condition before I even consider......
YOu gotta post pics after the recovery

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks