• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm happy now... brakes are nice.

progun

The brakes "worked" on the deuce before but something seemed wierd. Jeremy and I re-bled them today and found air in the rearmost left wheel and now... WOW! Brakes rock. I now need to check the steering slack. There is a three inch or so slack in the wheel going down the road. Got all the lights working too finally. The soft brake lines look as though they were replaced right before the paint job. Looks like my truck had the full deal done to it in '07! Good day. Can't wait to drive tomorrow.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Check the rod that goes from the pitman arm to the axle. There is a cotter pin that holds a BIG screw in place. Sometimes those need adjustment. But first, I would look at the components while someone else steered the truck. I actually had loose steering box bolts on my 5ton.

progun

Yes, I will check the steering components tonight. Bryan, no, I didn't get the whistler but she runs so good that I don't care. Truck kicks butt!

Heavysteven

Check the bolts holding the steering box. Mine were loose.

I saw a section in the TM thats has step by step to adjust steering play. If you decide to go through this take some notes. This is on my to do list as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks