• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm scrapping a MEP-004a...what to keep from it

I have a MEP-004a that has, what I was told, a locked up motor. I've never seen it run and don't know if any of it works at all. I've got $250 into it so far. I also have a brand new motor with all of the accessories for it sitting in a garage that I've got about $1500 into. I don't know if the motor on the unit is actually locked up. I don't have the radiator and about half of the ASK. Due to my extreme lack of time or desire to put it back together and hope it works, I think I'm going to scrap it out. I know it's worth more in scrap than I have into it and I'll still have a brand new diesel motor sitting in my garage for any future project.

I also have a MEP-003a that runs like a champ. It's more than adequate to power my whole house. Since I'm going to scrap the MEP-004a, what parts should I keep from it for my MEP-003a? Are any of the parts interchangeable like gauges, electronics, fuel pumps, etc.? I don't want to put parts on a slow boat to China if I could possibly use them in the future for my own generator.

Of course, if someone wanted to come pick up the MEP-004a for $250, I'd probably let it go and hope my MEP-003a doesn't take a poop.

steelypip

AVR board, the various boxes in the control cubicle, and the speed switch for sure. They're small, high value, and prone to failure. They don't fit anything smaller than an MEP-004A, but they do fit the 005A as well.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks