• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I'm shure another brake fluid question

I'm a few weeks late but... ...lots of similar DOT-5 silicone brake fluid threads in Harley Davidson motorcycle forums. Most but not all Harley's take DOT 5 it turns out. Bright purple when new and all the same color worries, does my model use 5 or 4, yes, no, maybe, flush and etc. discussions too. The short of it is if you need to top off your brake fluid and you see a Harley dealer you're in luck. But be forewarned, it does cost more when it has a genuine Harley logo on it.

Seth_O

Personally, I wouldn't use brake fluid with any chunks, flakes, bits or particles in it of any kind. Especially on something the size of a deuce, and with single circuit brakes.

These brakes have been known to function even when in horrible condition, but I wouldn't handicap the system from the start by putting potentially contaminated/expired fluid in it.

FWIW - I had to rebuild my airpack and replace my MC, so I switched to DOT3 at the time. Now a complete flush of the system only runs me about $10.