• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Images Off

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nope, it's off on purpose, nothing for you to change. Attach images instead of remote linking them.

*I still would rather remote host, but, that's the way it is folks.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Video is off now to since youtube is so readily available. While we host a TON of images, the bandwidth and data used by video is just too much. That's why video is off. However dropping a youtube link in a post will automatically embed it on the page. :tank:

glassk

It's just a blank spot where someone has loaded a youtube link, and my select images button for picking from my computer to attach just sits there, I think I have loaded one with the basic uploader, have not gone advanced to see , so No real problem , may be on my end anyway, thanks,...

zout

I have specific pics on my desktop to add this image that are mine - it will not allow images to upload. Firefox and Exp

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I have specific pics on my desktop to add this image that are mine - it will not allow images to upload. Firefox and Exp
I know you upload a lot of images. So I assume you're not having problems uploading at all. But it might be an image type issue? What is the file extension?

zout

JPEG - taken with my cell phone - when in firefox with the upload block comes up and cursor over browse it says blocked

glassk

I'll look into it I am restricting Adobe to block some ads on other sites, so it is just a permission issue on my end more than likely , I knew you would be interested if it was the other way around so Thought i would toss it out,

Again thanks and Happy Admin-ing , if they only had an App for those 3 AM alerts ---:roll: Insomnia would go away,..

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glassk, you will not see the youtube postings with your current settings.

If you click, tools, then tracking protection, the select block third party google site...., and disable it, you'll see the youtube vids.

I have my blocking enabled as well, to avoid some advertising issues as well as the need to double click to go back, on SS.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks