• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

importing a deuce to canada!

blueblaze

I have been in contact with GL, CBP and the US Govt. CBP accepts SF97 documents for exportation. Now I asked GL about which trucks have EUC's and what that means exactly. as many of you already know, it means no selling to any "foreign entity". I have american family but it makes no difference. Then i realized that not all trucks sold on GL are sold with an EUC requirement, the little white exclamation mark in the red circle determines it as a DEMIL B/Q which requires an EUC. but some trucks dont have it. Do they change it on you before it sells or do they actually sell some requiring euc's and some without? if yes, then im golden. I would just have to wait for my SF97 before i exported it. thank you for your time and comments!

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
An item will need an EUC depending on how it was keyed into the system.

I have seen canoes that required and EUC.

Another option is to contact one of the big MV sellers that have an export license.

Good luck with your project.

blueblaze

well GL says that the DEMIL designation can change at any time, so i didnt know if they just got lazy and sometimes they list it and sometimes they dont and then just require it at the end. I know gsa is a little easier to buy from because of that and yes it does say in their terms of agreement that you cant sell to foreigners but I have american export papers from the the CBP saying that canadians are exempt from that aslong as its not directly related to weapons of mass destruction aka nukes, chemical weapons, missle building plans etc. im just doing double checking on someones personal experience who can confirm that sometimes they ask for an euc and sometimes they dont.

eaw46

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Much easier to bring one accross that has a title and has been registerd to someone already. It is possable to bring one accross the border without title but much harder. It also is easyer the older the truck. Eddy

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Where in "North America" are you located? It might help, if other had an idea where you are located. Please change your personal info to include your Province.

KsM715

Even though you may not have to fill out an EUC does not mean that the vehicle itself is not restricted. Non of the vehicles on GSA require an EUC but they are still a controled asset. Just because the Canadian Gov will let you bring a truck into your country does not mean that the entity that you bought the truck from has the authority to sell it to you. With that said your best and safest (legally) way to get a truck is to contact a seller that has an export license. Many of the well known surplus dealers have that.

blueblaze

okay, thank you guys for the input, Ive been in contact with the CBP now for a couple days and I seem to have found a good officer who has the patience to figure this out with me. And GL knows exactly what Im doing and doesnt seem to have an issue with it either. As long as it doesnt have an EUC they state it can go anywhere.

blisters13

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Recently I was at a GL site and I asked specifically "What is the method of assigning the EUC status?" and the answer was any equipment which had been in a war zone was assigned EUC. I brought it up because many M1101 and M1102 trailers were of EUC status, but some were not. Same with a very few 5 ton trucks but mostly none. So it SHOULDN'T change....

DanDan

I have brought two trucks home to Canada with no issue. I purchased both from SS members and made sure that both were registered properly with a valid State registration. Make sure you notify CBP 72 hours in advance and make sure your paperwork is in order. So I suggest purchasing from an SS member as the folks here seem to be quite honourable (spelled in Canadian :)) and more than willing to help.
On a sad note there are a couple of members here that for some strange reason won't sell to Canadians even a Veteran and LEO like me. Good luck and PM me if you need some help. When I served on US bases I was amazed by the sheer number of military vehicles as the Canadian Army only buys a few and keeps them until they are wrecked. So it's nice to have a few come to Canada.

M1031CMT

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but how did this work out? Were you able to get across the border with the SF97? Any other special hurdles?
I have heard of some people doing this (buying a truck from GL that doesn't have an EUC and bringing it back to Canada with the SF97) but I don't know how they have done it (no one actually says how they do it). You need a title/registration to go through customs (both US customs and Canadian customs), so there might be another way. I am guessing these "people" are actually companies (places that sell cars/trucks) and have a way of getting around it without the title/registration.

But even if you know of a way to get it across the border with an SF97, if the truck has an EUC on it at GL, you are out of luck. Those stay in the US. No if/and's/or but's.

Easiest way, like DanDan said, is to buy a truck from someone that has it titled (and a truck that was originally not sold from GL with an EUC so that the seller doesn't get in trouble). Little bit of paperwork, pay the taxes on the truck, and you have it back here legally.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks