• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Improper Use of Gov't Property...

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That flick would have been more exciting if the bed was loaded with dirt or rocks. Course, probably the truck would've disassembled itself upon landing.

Cdub

Hahahahaha.........They actually got real good AIR on the last jump...Hahahaha...

almost as good as driving a rental car........Hahahaha....

kinda reminds me of when I rented a Mustang down if Fla.....The rental company was worried about any dings or scratches.....but they never checked the rear tires.....Hahahaha....

seya,

C'dub

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, funny except the dumba$$ should have NJP for destroying govt property! :twisted:

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guarantee the chain of commands do not know about these incidents, otherwise they would risk being relieved.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those soldiers need to be given UCMJ and proper punishment. They are ABUSING taxpayer equipment for absoultely no good reason. If they were under my command, they would hang. Yeah, sounds rather dickish, but if it was your $150,000 truck, you'd think so too..

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
emmado22 said:
Those soldiers need to be given UCMJ and proper punishment. They are ABUSING taxpayer equipment for absoultely no good reason. If they were under my command, they would hang. Yeah, sounds rather dickish, but if it was your $150,000 truck, you'd think so too..
It is my truck - and yours too. If they did this fleeing certain death - I'd say more power to them. If they broke the frame stacking 155mm rounds above the cab to move to troops that needed them in the heat of battle - and say such is the consequences of war. To do this for "recreation" - these guys need their pay docked, their rank reduced, and their new duty be aligning the Iraqi sand into a formation grain by grain, by hand.

And if the next GI who has the misfortune of driving thistruck suffers a breakdown in a combat zone - then the penalty for the abusers should move up CONSIDERABLY. And to think, these guys are also issued firearms!

Regards,
David Doyle

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just goes to show how good our trucks have it. The phrsae "nothing offroads like a rental" must have been coined in there somewhere.

OD_Coyote

DDoyle said:
It is my truck - and yours too. If they did this fleeing certain death - I'd say more power to them. If they broke the frame stacking 155mm rounds above the cab to move to troops that needed them in the heat of battle - and say such is the consequences of war. To do this for "recreation" - these guys need their pay docked, their rank reduced, and their new duty be aligning the Iraqi sand into a formation grain by grain, by hand.

And if the next GI who has the misfortune of driving thistruck suffers a breakdown in a combat zone - then the penalty for the abusers should move up CONSIDERABLY. And to think, these guys are also issued firearms!

Regards,
David Doyle

Well said DDoyle