• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Improvements on the 'Ultimate Well Nut' upgrade

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So being that this fitting is manufactured in brass (which contains about a third of zinc), there are long term concerns with modern fuel creating 'insoluble fuel gels or salts' due to chemical reactions. I've been looking into this, and Parker has done a nice writeup on this:

It seems the actual brass part, like a whole lot of stuff, is tough to find right now. I am considering producing this part in 303 stainless... to not only remove the concern about fuel issues (Because if there is one thing we want to work when asked, its a generator) but to also to have availability for our machines.

Look for any and all opinions. Thanks

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No I would produce it. Just looking to see if there is interest in such an upgrade. Going to cost a couple grand up front in this day and age to make any quantity. Especially with what is going on in the world, I'm not entirely sure parts availability will improve in the short to mid term on a lot of fronts.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just getting raw material is a huge headache these days.
Yup. I've already got it lined up, its just going to take a few thousand upfront to begin. A tough sell when each part would sell between 20-30, and if there is no giant need for such an improvement (or current need for folks looking, who cant source) thats money I can use elsewhere in the MEP cause.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It can be swapped out without taking the tank out. Fashion a T out of a brass coat hanger and use it to fish the nut through the tank to the hole and pull through to tension while you put the nut on from the outside.

Light in the Dark

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe. The ultimate upgrade part has a recessed channel for the O ring to seat. While this might retain the right threading, I doubt its liquid holding capability (since the sealing gasket can move, and Im not even sure its fuel rated).

Jeepadict

@Light in the Dark if you build it, they will come.

I have my doubts that it would be a very profitable venture for a niche market, but sometimes there's things more important than money. You can put my name on your list, I'll take a handful of them...bulletproof stuff rocks!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks