• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Improvised seat cover......

Drock

I thought you guys might find this interesting or just amusing :shrugs:. The duct tape seat repair I made a few months ago started getting glue on the back of all my pants. So I figured I'd give this a try. It's a military poncho liner woobie. It comes with ties all the way around it. I used some little bungee cords I've had laying around forever to secure it to the seat. The only surgey necessary is to cut 2 small slits for the seat belts. Total cost $30.0020180303_152851.jpg20180303_152912.jpg20180303_152938.jpg

cucvrus

Very nice. Sew the slits or you are doomed. Add piping to the slits also. Do you know piping? It is that rolled material edge that gets sewed around the outer edges.

Drock

Very nice. Sew the slits or you are doomed. Add piping to the slits also. Do you know piping? It is that rolled material edge that gets sewed around the outer edges.
Yeah I thought about hitting it with some hot glue. You can't see the cut anyway sense they tuck into the seat belt holes.

cucvrus

HOT GLUE? I am talking stopping the tear/cut with stitching and material. It needs some reinforcement to the cuts. Better yet get 2 of the liners and use one top and 1 bottom. Eliminate the strength and pull on the cut material. Just an idea to help you make the cover more durable. The small bungees will still work the same. Good Luck.

Drock

Well the way I see it this is a $30.00 disposable seat cover that could double as a blanket if need be. Walmart throw away seat covers go for around $40.00. The slits are in a non stress point and at most would need some anti fraying support, thus the hot glue. Before starting my furniture business, I was a subcontract drapery installer for 20yrs. You'd be amazed at how many million dollar drapery jobs, in multi million dollar homes are held together with hot glue & straight pins LOL!

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks