• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In a BIND!

mpokorney

X2 on Heavysteven. I just replaced the bearings on my front axle. Should have been done much earlier. You feel and hear bad bearings. Feels like misalignment, if its bad enough it will mess up your tires. My bearings went out on the 4th of July and left me stranded. Couldnt move the truck, worked on it in the bank parking lot that I ended up in. Pull your hubs, inspect your bearings and inner wheel seal, clean and repack them with fresh grease, then replace your outer wheel seal and hub boots.
I bought the one bearing off amazon one race off ebay and the other bearing off of a different ebay auction I was in no hurry and it was cheaper that way . The inner is complete race and bearing together where the outer is separate I would stay away from locatebearings They where very slow and not very friendly I paid about $800 for the 3 pcs

Sounds like both of you just replaced bearings in your A3...

Like stated before i believe my hub is wallered out just enough to need a new one.
How tight is the inner bearing supposed ride on the inner part of the hub?
I assume its supposedto be fairly tight once it is in there.
On mine the bearing on the drum side (inner i think) is very loose, i also assume this is inncorrect and is warped?
Are the bearings different sizes for the inner and outer? If so this may be why the bearing doesnt seem to fit correctly and maybe its not warped at all?
Any advise?