• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In a quandry....Go custom 923A2 or Nice shape HEMTT.....

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's only like 8 feet longer.
It's not like your driving a train. I take mine to wally world.
Once you drive it awhile it get easier.

ScubaCat

It's only like 8 feet longer.
It's not like your driving a train. I take mine to wally world.
Once you drive it awhile it get easier.
I'm not worried about getting the hang of driving it. The more I think and hear of other's issues with storage/parking their toys, the more I wonder what I'll run into. I need to check with the city to see if there are any ridiculous issues to over come. And then the added cost of ownership...I want something I can drive a lot.

MDdeuce

I don't live in a HOA thank the Lord.
Check your local zoning code too. I live in a fairly rural part of MD, and technically any vehicle over 10,000lbs is considered a "commercial vehicle" (regardless of use or registration) and is prohibited from being parked on any street or most small lots. To be allowed you need to be >5ac and zoned agriculture or commercial, in any of the favors of residential it is a zoning violation. One call from one of your unhappy neighbors to the city/town and you get some fines and need to find a new parking spot.

If it is a non-articulated HEMTT you should be able to get by with a class B, but more license is always better.

ScubaCat

Check your local zoning code too. I live in a fairly rural part of MD, and technically any vehicle over 10,000lbs is considered a "commercial vehicle" (regardless of use or registration) and is prohibited from being parked on any street or most small lots. To be allowed you need to be >5ac and zoned agriculture or commercial, in any of the favors of residential it is a zoning violation. One call from one of your unhappy neighbors to the city/town and you get some fines and need to find a new parking spot.

If it is a non-articulated HEMTT you should be able to get by with a class B, but more license is always better.
When the DMV lady and I went over the types, it looks like I have to go Class A with air brake endorsement. No big deal really. I believe even though my neighborhood is is 95% homes, it is zoned for commercial as well as residential. Will double check. It's killing me not to get the HEMTT I found but I think I may be biting of more than I can chew in a number of ways. One of the busiest streets in my town connects two other busy streets and is only 2.5 lanes wide...if other cars are parked on the street, someone has to pull to the side to let the other by...imagine that in a HEMTT = GRIDLOCK. Turning right from one side street to another could be a big PITA too...waiting for cars to go and get a perfect swing through....

That being said, I am waiting to hear back on a 934...Thats not much shorter but I'd cut 2-3ft off the back end so less would swing around. I may just have to take a 50ft tape and mark out the lengths so I can wrap my head around it better....If a neighbor asks what I'm doing, I'll tell them I'm marking the parking SPOT for my TRUCK.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It sounds like you need to buy a tractor and convert it to a cargo.
It would have a 11 foot bed.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks