• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In desperate need of a bolt!

melbatoast

I am missing a transmission mount bolt on my M1009. Ace Hardware can't seem to match it and all the regular auto parts store clerks are idiots. From the pub I know the part number is 14009324, and tpub.com describes it as:

5305-01-157-0880 Setscrew

Required Description

UNRC
0.500 INCHES
2A
RIGHT-HAND
3.660 INCHES MINIMUM AND
3.750 INCHES M

Can anyone help me decipher this so I can tell Ace hardware exactly what I need? Or tell me exactly what to tell these auto parts clerks? Or tell me where I can find two of these bolts? Thanks!

Coalman

The way I read it would be 1/2 by 13 3 3/4 long which is a standard course thread 1/2 inch bolt 3 3/4 long Somebody please reply and correct me if I am wrong

armytruck63

That's right, 1/2-13 UNC-2A threaded bolt, 3 3/4 inches long. Ace should have it, in Grade 8 too, if that's what you need. A four inch long bolt might work too.

Coalman

You can always get a 4 inch and cut it down . Easiest way is put a nut on it and cut along the nut then just unscrew the nut and threads should be ok .

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If your missing that bolt, you are probably mising part # 3 & 4.

Without them, a 3.75" long bolt, will not work.

CycleJay

Hi,

Here is my .02 cents.. Go to a transmission shop and ask them.
Or go to your local Chevy dealer and ask..
I would think you could get that bolt from your local Aamco, or dealer.

It is a bolt, it should not be that hard to find one bolt..

Or go to your local junkyard, and look for an old 1985 Chevy blazer,
with the kind of transmission you have, crawl under and see if you can find a bolt there.

Good luck...

goatijoe

ive got that adapter plate from old chevy i have and ill take it out and tell you what size it is. you might want to replace the rubbers right there if you havent done so :grd:

melbatoast

Thanks fellas, I ended up getting a 4" grade 8 bolt from ace hardware and used a a die to cut the threads a bit longer. I replaced the tranny mounts with new poly ones and put 2 nuts on the tag end of the bolts to make sure they don't back out. :driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks