• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In need of a M1078 Front windshield and a little about me, "The New Guy"

If anyone has an idea where to find a front windshield, please let me know. I am new to MLTVs and this forum.

I plan on designing and fabricating many parts for the M1078. I am in the process of getting a 92 MLTV M1078 with less than 1,400 miles.
Had damage to the windshield sealing area had to press the dent out and it now has a seal-able area again :)

Is there a way to tell IF the miles are close to the odometers miles or check if the gauges has been changed out? This thing is sounding too good to be true :)
Anything I should check out before handing over the cash would be appreciated...

1. I will create and make available to all a thick thermal formed knock offs of the wheel armor that protects the CTIS systems wheel mounted tubing/fittings.
Just need a one to copy or two IF there is a Right and Left?
2. I will design and build a CTIS adjustable air system to get better PSI for highway without having to buy a an MRAP controller system. Most of my electronic creations are plug and play. I will be making this stuff and might as well share these with you guys ;) I will oscilloscope the two and find how to adjust the CTIS psi upward.
3. Any electronic problem fixes or tricks will be shared with you guys.
4. I will be building a removable Out Rigger type RV in case the flatbed is needed.
5. I plan on thermal vacuum forming some thick gauge, tough looking grills, for the 1078 soon, as mine is still missing :(
6. This LMTV will have the best cameras, security and counter measures including an LRAD system as my "Car Alarm" so I can hear the Alarm /Alert 2 miles away, with just ears or have fun just watching bad guys drop things to plug there ears ;)
7. I will use be using ,invisible to the eye, high wattage 940nm LED lamps for black out navigation.
8. Would love to put something practical or tactical in the turret position ;)
9. The trucks thermal cameras and mounted drone will help find lost people ;)
10. Plans "may" include a adjustable focus 35 watt laser that could be used for "Special" projects that need lighting up or attention ;)

I am retired from doing Optometry and having more fun letting my creativity run wild!.
Looking forward to learning from you guys and making the most of this build ;)

Nelson, in a high central California location
2019-12-19 Front LMTV.jpg
2019-12-19 LMTV TAIL.jpg

Attachments

Ronmar

Omni glass and paint, oshkosh wi... i got a new windshield thru them...

if the vehicle went thru depot level overhaul, the speedometer was most likley replaced. not sure how to positively determine if it went thru overhaul though.

you know these things are difficult to liscence in Cali right?

Last edited:

Third From Texas

Awesome punch list there (nice looking truck, too).

I tinkered with the idea of doing fiberglass CTIS wheel rim covers, but happened on a few on fleaBay that completed my set. I'm still thinking about doing a mold and making a copy that aligns properly with the hoses and the hole for the manual filler stem. I lean towards fiberglass since it can be easily repaired. While not "armor" I think there are a ton of owners that want them for looks as much as protection. If I do a run, I'll be happy to send you a copy (anything that helps the community escape the grasp of the surplus scalpers). ;)

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
100% for sure went through rebuild at Sealy plant. They installed the upgraded clearance lights. Red River Parts and Equipment in New Boston TX has the windshields.
Nice nice truck.

Omni glass and paint, oshkosh wi... i got a new windshield thru them...

if the vehicle went thru depot level overhaul, the speedometer was most likley replaced. not sure how to positively determine if it went thru overhaul though.

you know these things are difficult to liscence in Cali right?
About $1,100 to register as a commercial vehicle here. Working with the CHP inspector to see about a motor vehicle or truck with attached camper to save the $ beat down California loves doing to it's 'subjects" :( Thanks for the information Brother :)

ramdough

Thanks for the welcome Brother! As a team I'm sure we can create many things :)
This site has a lot of information.... like controlling CTIS. That information will help you get started.

Your list is very impressive. I am curious what your priority for each one will be and the order you plan to get them done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Third From Texas

Not sure what platform you have in mind but there is a fellow on here who made a CTIS controller using Arduino. It has a lot of cool functions like on-the-fly adjustments and user-established pressures for each setting.

If you plan to use Arduino I think the ino file is public.

Yes please do, your year of manufacture is unusual, it’s usually 1994 and up.
Here is what I can find so far...

National Stock Number 2320-01-354-3385
TYPE/MODEL DESIGNATION
(TMDN) M1078
WHEEL QUANTITY
(AGDH) 4
RATED LOAD CAPACITY
(CNTJ) 2.50 TONS
REAR WHEEL TREAD NOMINAL WIDTH
(CNTT) 79.00 INCHES
PRIME MOVER TYPE
(AKDJ) DIESEL ENGINE
NOMINAL WHEELBASE
(CNTR) 153.54 INCHES
FRONT WHEEL TREAD NOMINAL WIDTH
(CNTS) 79.00 INCHES
END ITEM IDENTIFICATION
(AGAV) LMTV W/E PCC-LAB
DRIVE WHEEL QUANTITY
(AGDJ) 4
DRIVE AXLE LOCATION
(CNTK) FRONT AND REAR

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks