• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

In need of a M1078 Front windshield and a little about me, "The New Guy"

Not sure what platform you have in mind but there is a fellow on here who made a CTIS controller using Arduino. It has a lot of cool functions like on-the-fly adjustments and user-established pressures for each setting.

If you plan to use Arduino I think the ino file is public.

Thanks Very interesting for sure! :) I will have to see what that circuit is manipulating ;)

Omni glass and paint, oshkosh wi... i got a new windshield thru them...

if the vehicle went thru depot level overhaul, the speedometer was most likely replaced. not sure how to positively determine if it went thru overhaul though.

you know these things are difficult to liscence in Cali right?
My friends at DMV and CHP should be able to help me. Think I saw a member on here in Tracy that is RV registered ;) Gives me hope ;)

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is what I can find so far...

National Stock Number 2320-01-354-3385
TYPE/MODEL DESIGNATION
(TMDN) M1078
WHEEL QUANTITY
(AGDH) 4
RATED LOAD CAPACITY
(CNTJ) 2.50 TONS
REAR WHEEL TREAD NOMINAL WIDTH
(CNTT) 79.00 INCHES
PRIME MOVER TYPE
(AKDJ) DIESEL ENGINE
NOMINAL WHEELBASE
(CNTR) 153.54 INCHES
FRONT WHEEL TREAD NOMINAL WIDTH
(CNTS) 79.00 INCHES
END ITEM IDENTIFICATION
(AGAV) LMTV W/E PCC-LAB
DRIVE WHEEL QUANTITY
(AGDJ) 4
DRIVE AXLE LOCATION
(CNTK) FRONT AND REAR
No need the vin from the data plate on the dashboard to the left of the steering wheel.

Ronmar

Do you have the windshield seal? That was the real problem part. The new windshield was $172 from Omni, The shipping from WI to WA cost more Than the glass did... Unfortunately the new seal cost more than the windshield and shipping combined...

coachgeo

Do you have the windshield seal? That was the real problem part. The new windshield was $172 from Omni, The shipping from WI to WA cost more Than the glass did... Unfortunately the new seal cost more than the windshield and shipping combined...
yup..... protect your windshield seal. treat it with "Mothers" protectant or something... smother it in it many times to keep it pliable before removing from truck so you increase odds of using it again. then keep it protected off and on so it last after you install new windshield

No need the vin from the data plate on the dashboard to the left of the steering wheel.
Great information:) I had now clue where to find the vi n or IF it even bad one LOL. Will get the soon.
Have a great weekend and thanks again!
Ok, you guys are scaring me! I don't have one or know where to get one :(

Ronmar

The guy I dealt with at Omni was looking into a source of supply for the seals as he had been asked several times if they carried them. I passed along all my research info but dont know if they were ever able to stock them...

Texas is full.

Unless you can convince some of the lib-tards that moved here to move the f*** back.

;)
Yes, they are like a virus and they spread their brain washing via swallowing of daily marching orders :( I keep moving further and further from them. Maybe the day is coming when there is no getting away from them and then we are forced to handle biz, like we should gave long ago... Sad state of affairs :(

I kept wondering what that small transparent gap under the windows was about and I was not seeing any windows with that on the bottom LOL No wonder! LOL, I may have to fabricate that too!!!! :(

If I can find one in good enough shape I will make a mold and knock off some copies like I did on an old ,out of production Cadillac that ended up good enough to win Car shows. Heck I may be able to find a 3-D Print pattern for it and then make a Negative for injection molding many of them!
Then it would be in my best Mob Voice, " You Want a Windshield Seal? You Gota Talk to me" :)

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks