• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

in search of info on M534/M62 hydraulic pump setup

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tractor pto hand clutch would work of you could make it a stand a lone unit.
I guess I need to just pull the trigger and buy one to see how to make it work in the space I have...there is certainly room as far as I can see but may not be able to have the hydraulic pump inline with the pto shaft. May need to mount the pump lower and have a double belt or chain to drive it

I am not at my truck at present to look at the winch on it but believe that there shouldn't be a huge issue to convert the winch from shaft drive to hydraulic? has anyone here done his conversion before?

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The tractor pto hand clutch would work of you could make it a stand a lone unit.
I'm very familiar with the AC hand clutches and have torn into many of them. They have to be submerged in oil or they will burn up in short order. They also have to be supported on both ends. Bottom line is I guess anything is possible if you throw enough time and money at it but you're going to have to build a gear case for the clutch to run in if you're going this route.

A PTO winch can be converted pretty easy to hyd drive, you just need a properly sized hyd motor to drive it.

Look at this thread- http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...t-dump-project&p=714471&viewfull=1#post714471
I know it's on a deuce but it gives you a idea on how to install a hyd pump on the trans PTO you already have.

Last edited:

steelcaptain

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm very familiar with the AC hand clutches and have torn into many of them. They have to be submerged in oil or they will burn up in short order. They also have to be supported on both ends. Bottom line is I guess anything is possible if you throw enough time and money at it but you're going to have to build a gear case for the clutch to run in if you're going this route.

A PTO winch can be converted pretty easy to hyd drive, you just need a properly sized hyd motor to drive it.

Look at this thread- http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showth...t-dump-project&p=714471&viewfull=1#post714471
I know it's on a deuce but it gives you a idea on how to install a hyd pump on the trans PTO you already have.
much appreciated here...I was wondering about those clutches but could find little on the internet about them. now I am educated and grateful

re the hyd pump from the trans pto...looking more like the option but also might have a member with that elusive accessory drive available and I am headed to the shop now to check if it is a go for me which would not mean changing the winch drive although I am considering that all the same.

thanks to all for the input...love this forum and sorry to not be here are much I as would like to be. You're all a great bunch of mugs